Background

Monday, November 28, 2011

My New Exercise Program

Since I am trying to get back in shape, I need to add some physical activity.  I decided to start the Couch to 5K program.  I chose this because I have a toddler who goes with me for whatever activity I choose.  I thought running would be a good choice since she will be sitting in a stroller the whole time.  I have to say I was skeptical.  I used to run, in high school.  Once I graduated I never ran again.  Part of me really wants to be able to run.  This part of me would really like to finish a 5k race.  Not just participate, but finish.  I do not care about my time or placement; it is more about finishing.

There is also a part of me that really does not want to run.  This is the part of me that enjoys sitting on the couch with my nose in a book.  Or, staying in bed for a little while longer.  The procrastinator.

Well, I am happy to say that I did start running!  And you know what?  I felt great!  I would recommend this program to others.  It is a gradual start, and broken into increments that are attainable.  Now I just have to keep it up!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment