Background

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Seriously? Seriously!

We are now a homeschool family!  This is huge for us!  I have always wanted to homeschool our children, my hubby, not so much!  I am that mom who gets really sad when summer is over and they go back to school.  I would rather keep them at home.  Our older daughter has really struggled with being bullied and in her 4 years at school, she has not made a single friend.  Each summer I watch her transform from a nervous, tightly wound bundle of nerves, to a calmer, sweeter little girl.  After many conversations, we have decided to homeschool.

At first, our daughter was resistant.  She didn't want to be different, she was still worried about what the other kids would say.  Once she realized she wouldn't have to be around them anymore she has started to relax and really embrace the decision.  It is like watching ice cream melt as she is losing the shell she had put in place to survive that environment.

Have you ever thought of homeschooling?  This is a huge decision for us, but I strongly believe it is the best decision for our girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment