Background

Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Yummy Pasta Dish

I made a new pasta dish for dinner the other night and I must say, it was delicious!  While it could have been healthier, it was a place to start.  If I jump in with both feet, my family just might revolt!  So, my approach to this dish was to fill it up with veggies and cut back on the pasta.  The members of the team included:

onions,
garlic,
mushrooms,
broccoli,
1/2 of a pound of sausage, cooked
1/2 of a pound of pasta, cooked
a splash of evaporated milk,
and some balsamic vinegar

I sauteed the onions, garlic, and mushrooms in some olive oil.  Then I added the broccoli and let it cook some more.  I had some left over breakfast sausage, so I crumbled it up and threw it in, too.  (The next time I make this dish, I plan to use chicken instead.)  I made a sauce with the milk and balsamic and the added the pasta, then stirred just to coat.

I thought it was delicious, and can't wait to make it again!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment