Background

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sidelined by an illness!

I have had this illness hanging on for a few months now, and I am happy to say that I am finally getting it under control.  Read: I finally made an appointment for myself and not just for my children.  I am now on day two of medication and, gee, that stuff really works!  I had gotten pretty frustrated with my exercise goal.  I went for a run and it was terrible!  The worst run of my life!  I ran for about a minute-and-a-half and started to walk.  When it was time to run I made it all of ten seconds!  I wanted to go crawl back in bed and pull the covers over my head!  I wanted to call my mom, but I was too embarrassed!

You see, I have been dealing with this illness for so long, that it became my new normal.  I have been ignoring the fact that I was not feeling well and powering through.  I forgot to put myself on the list.  I am always so focused on my family, they are my number one priority and I do not know what I would do without them.  But I was reminded that I need to make sure I am a priority, too; or else they may have to try to figure out how to live without me.

So now I plan to finish the medication and rest.  Then I will start my fitness plan back up.  In the meantime, I will be looking for more healthy meals and inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment