Background

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Purpose


Have you had that moment when you realize you are not being the person you were meant to be?  When you realize there is something out there that you were chosen to do, but for the life of you you don’t know what it is?  You recognize that there are things you are good at, but just don’t know what it is you are called to do?  
I have had those moments.  Man have I ever had those moments!  I love what I do now.  I am a stay-at-home mom and I am a Scentsy Family consultant.  I know these two things are what I am supposed to be doing, and that I will always be a mom even when my children are adults.  I also know that I love being a Scentsy Family consultant and I will be a consultant for as long as possible!  
I also know something else: I am not supposed to work a traditional job.  I do not do well in an office setting.  I would rather scratch my eyes out!  Oh sure, the jobs start out great and exciting, well most of them anyway, then the new wears off and I can’t stand to be there, I am miserable; just miserable.  When I think about all of the other people who had to tolerate me and my unhappiness, ugh!
However, I am not sure what else I am supposed to do.  And at this point I feel like it would take something huge to get me to know what it is.  I would have to run into it at full speed, head on.  I have spent a lot of time, oh so much time, wondering why He wouldn’t reveal what it was I am supposed to do.  I even got upset over it.  Frustrated.  Thought he wasn’t there for me.  
Now, I realize all will be revealed when the time is right.  I may have thought  I was ready, but I wasn’t.  It doesn’t matter if I think I am ready; it only matters if He thinks I am ready.  He can see me, all of me.  He knows what I am ready for, he knows what I can handle.  And now I realize there were probably more people involved and maybe one of them was not ready.  It isn’t all about me and what I hope to achieve.  Now, I have a more peaceful outlook on it: He will reveal His plan when all parties involved are ready.  And you know what, I wouldn’t want it any other way!  When the time is right, it will all work out!  I have to admit, letting go of that stress and worry feels so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment