Background

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Some Days Start Out With a Warning Label, We Just Don't Always See It.

This week, I have not wanted to get out of bed.  I just want to stay in bed and lay there.  If I go back to sleep, that is a bonus!  Today was no different.

Last night I went to an NBA basketball game.  While I was at the game my husband stayed with our kids.  He made them dinner, and did all of the things I usually do for them.

This morning, I realized he did not clean up after their evening.  There are dishes everywhere.  The sink is full and so are the counters.  When I went to fill up the coffee pot, I had to use the spray nozzle.  Normally, this would be no big deal.  Today, however, this proved to be a huge problem!

I saw that the coffee pot was full and I needed to stop the spray, only one problem, I couldn't stop it.  The lever was stuck in the on position.  Water was spraying everywhere.  Every time I moved it, it made a bigger mess.  It was way too early for me to think clearly.  I did not recognize that I needed to turn off the water at the faucet.  I kept trying to force the lever back up.

Thankfully, the lever eventually popped loose.  But, that should have been the warning for how my day was going to be.  It has been a long one, and I just want to crawl back in bed.

I think I am going to blame it on our weather.  Around here, the weather changes so quickly.  The saying has always been, "If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes, it will change."  And today we have gone from warm to cold, windy, and rainy.  Yep, I am blaming the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment