Background

Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Least Favorite Time of Year

It is that time again, tax season is upon us.  My least favorite time of year.

Tax time forces me to look at our finances.  Throughout the year, I have known our finances are becoming more and more difficult.  More expenses, less income.

Too many student loans.  Grocery bills continue to increase.  Doctor expenses.  Insurance premiums have increased.  Fuel prices, you guessed it, increased.

I honestly do not know how I could trim our budget anymore.

I had hoped I would be able to take our tax return and pay off one of our bills.  Unfortunately, I have been working on our taxes for 3 days and it looks like we will be receiving half the refund amount we did last year.

Half.

To say I am disappointed would be an understatement.  To say we are going to be in even more of a tough place financially, is also an understatement.

I was so hopeful.

Now I feel hopeless.

I wish the lawmakers would try to live a couple of weeks in our shoes.  Then maybe they would have a different outlook on our economic situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment