Background

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Washing Machine Blues


My washing machine is a top-loading HE machine.  The lid locks on it, the moment you press the start button.  And here is my rant:

Why must the lid lock immediately?  When I press pause it takes what seems like an eternity for the thing to unlock!  I usually just need to throw in one more sock, or towel.  Just that one little item I either forgot or dropped on the way to the machine.

I understand the lid-lock feature is for safety.  But, can't they put some sort of parental by-pass on the thing?  You know, hold these two buttons down simultaneously for 10 seconds and the lid will unlock?

Waiting for this thing to unlock is PAINFUL!  I am going to develop an eye twitch.  I have things to do, and very little time to do them in.  I don't even get to go to the bathroom by myself, I can't wait 2-3 minutes for the lid to unlock.

Washing machine designers, please take this into consideration!  Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment