Background

Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Enemy


I have kids, and I always knew how important it is to raise my children with a knowledge of God.  Not just to know of Him, but to truly know Him.  I don’t want to force it on them, but I want them to be able to see us, their parents, and to recognize how important it is to know Him.  

During all of this, it was recently brought to my attention, that I also need to make sure I teach them about the enemy.  I need to teach them so that they will be able to recognize when the enemy is attacking them. 

If we do not arm them with the knowledge of the enemy, they will be unprepared for the battle.  If they do not recognize the enemy, they will not know it is him and may step away from God in misunderstanding.

If they recognize the enemy and his works, my hope is that they won’t take things as personally, and won’t think God is no longer there for them or not listening to them.

Those whispers telling them they are not pretty, not smart, not enough, can't do something, or that no one wants to be their friend; that my friends is the ENEMY!  

So, as you are teaching your children about our Lord, our God; don’t forget to arm them against the enemy.  Knowledge is power and our kids need to know who they are up against.  And quite honestly, I do, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment