Background

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Boundaries

I am a mom, a wife, a small business owner, a daughter, a sister, a friend.  Some days just don't seem to be long enough!  There just isn't enough time to get it all done!  I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way.  It seems to be the way things are now, and we just accept it.

It wasn't until very recently, that I realized I need to change.  Currently, I get as much as I can done and save the rest for tomorrow.  I usually have a general idea of what I would like to accomplish; however, if someone asks me for help, I always say yes.  Always.  

I will change up my day, put everything else on hold, to make sure I am available for whoever needs me.  I very rarely, probably never, say no.  Seriously, never.

I will wear myself out helping others.  I thought this is what I am supposed to do.  I enjoy helping others, I feel like it is a God given talent.  Something that will serve me well in my business.  I feel like I am supposed to help people because I am a Christian and this is what God would want me to do.

It took me a while to realize I have this all wrong.  I need to create some boundaries.  Currently, I am giving so much of myself to everyone else that my family is left with what is leftover of me.  They deserve the best of me, not the leftovers!  Without boundaries I will continue to wear myself out and ultimately neglect my family.  That is not the legacy I want to leave.  Not the kind of mom I want to be.

Starting today, I am reevaluating my life, my goals, my priorities.  I want my family to have the best of me, and I need boundaries to accomplish this.  I have to say no and realize I cannot do everything, and that is ok!  I know I will be a better mom, better wife, better business owner, better everything if I set boundaries and follow them.  My boundaries need to be clearly defined in order for myself, and others, to respect them.  

I feel good about this decision.  I hope it will help me to be better organized, to accomplish my goals.  I hope you will consider it for you, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment