Background

Monday, September 9, 2013

Friending

Yesterday, our pastor started a new series on friending.  He brought up some really good points.  Have you gotten away from face to face conversations?  Do you rely on facebook posts and tweets to update others about the goings on in your life?  When was the last time you saw your friends?  When was the last time you had a phone conversation?

While social media can play an important role in our lives, we need to be careful not to let it take over and pull us away from our relationships.  We were designed to have face to face contact with others.  We crave relationships.

Did you know that people no longer have the knowledge, and comfort level, of how to not only have a phone conversation, but also how to end a phone conversation?

When I stop and think about how far our world has gone in my lifetime, it is amazing and a bit sad.  It isn't all good.  It is even more difficult to focus on our Lord, because there are so many more distractions!  We have access to hundreds of television channels, several social media outlets we can access from our computer and our cell phones-- our phones aren't just for talking anymore, the things we are able to see on our computers--anywhere we are due to portable computers-- is endless!

I have been guilty of this decline in conversational relationships myself.  But you know what, now that I am aware of it, I can change.  I can make an effort to ensure I make those connections we were designed for.

May I suggest watching the sermon online?  I hope you enjoy it and are able to take away something from it.

http://www.lifechurch.tv/watch





No comments:

Post a Comment