Background

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Hello Autumn!

I love the fall!  Cooler temperatures, beautiful changes in nature, all things pumpkin, it just demands a slower pace to appreciate it all.  It gives us another opportunity to appreciate God's work!

When I was younger, I always loved the summers.  My birthday is in the summer, we always spent 95% of the time in the pool, we were out of school, what's not to love?  But, it seems summers are hotter now, or maybe it is just the fact that we do not have a pool?  I have been less tolerant of the summer heat this year, welcome to surgical menopause after severe anemia: Straight from the freezer to the fryer!

Today, I was able to turn off the air conditioning and open a window!  My frugal side is rejoicing!  I would love to be able to keep the a/c, or heater, off for a couple months; that would be fantastic!  I no longer feel as though I am melting away and it is wonderful!

Next week we will be making our first trip to a pumpkin patch with one of our homeschool groups and I am looking forward to it!  We will also have a field trip for a more hands on state history lesson.  The idea of more outdoor fun and enjoying some cooler temps has this girl pretty excited!

What autumn traditions do you have?  What are you most looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment