Background

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Valentine's Wreath

While I am waiting for all of the supplies to arrive to finish the night stands I started another project.  I made a heart shaped ribbon wreath!  


The first step is to take your wreath form and wrap it with ribbon.

Now, I used a wire frame because it was half the price of the styrofoam form.  I first wrapped it with batting, then with the ribbon.

Next, you take your ribbon and cut it up!  All of the pieces need to be the same size.  When determining the size you will use, keep in mind you will be folding them in half.


Next, you are going to fold them in half and sew them.


Next, you will glue them to the ribbon-wrapped-form.  I wish I would have remembered to take a picture of this step; don't be like me!  The idea is to open up the seam and use that area as a tab for gluing so that the loop then stands up.

Once you have all of the loops glued, you are done!


I used a piece of wire and looped it around the finished wreath to hang it from the door.  I chose the wire because you cannot see it and it is small enough to not effect the loops of ribbon.

Thank you Tatertots and Jello for teaching me how to do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment