Background

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Exercise

I will be completely honest with you; I am not a fan of starting an exercise program.  Well, I should say, I don't mind starting them, it is sticking to them that I struggle with.  I have a hard time reaching that point where exercise is a natural thing to do.

This is a problem, because I registered myself for a 5K fun run in July.  I have wanted to be a runner for a long time.  I just haven't been able to reach the goal.  I was hoping that by signing up for the run, I would have something to make me keep pushing forward.  Unfortunately, I was really struggling with the training program.

I have 2 kids, one in school and one who is at home with me.  It is hard to figure out when to exercise.  Juggling homework, meal preparation, cleaning, caring for the children, PTO meetings, my marriage, my Scentsy Family business and trying to add time for myself?  Seemed impossible.

Then, one morning, I was thinking about how much stuff I had to do and wanted to spend some time on the elliptical, too.  I just didn't see how it was going to happen.  All of the sudden, I heard someone say "If you can't take an hour of time to take care of yourself, how do you expect anyone else to?"

Since then I have been doing a much better job of making time for myself to exercise.  Sometimes twice a day!  I don't know if I will be able to run the entire race, I may have to walk some of it; but I will be there to try!

Now anytime I am too tired or feel as though I don't have time to exercise, I remind myself that I have to take time for myself, because I need people to take the time to listen to me, it is vital when trying to grow my business.  Succeeding in my fitness routine makes me feel better about myself and more confident.

Now off to the elliptical I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment