Background

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fear

Is anyone else afraid of the direction our lives, country, and world are going in?  I grew up in the country, where we grew our own food, bartered with friends and neighbors to fill in the gaps of what we didn't have but needed, raised our own meat, and took care of each other.

Now, I live in the city; and life is very different.  Now I have fear.  Fear that I won't be able to provide for my children if the grocery store runs out of food.  Fear that we won't be able to live without the normal luxuries of electricity, and gas service.  Fear that I am not doing a good enough job preparing my children for the what if's of life- to be self-sufficient if the need should arise.

The older I get the more important I think it is to move out to the country and own land.  Enough land to be self-sufficient.  To not have to worry if a grocery supply truck doesn't arrive.  To not have to worry if the food I am feeding my children has been modified in any way.  To know it is wholesome and nutritious.

Things I never thought about before becoming a mom.  Funny how life changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment