Background

Friday, June 21, 2013

Lessons From Gideon

This summer, I am participating in an online bible study called Gideon, by Priscilla Shirer.  I must say, I am in love with this study!  It is speaking to me on so many levels!

From the first week, the following excerpt spoke to me the most:

"I have been commissioned by God to be their mother... My role as a mom is a deliberate strategy initiated by God...I am resolved to fulfill this calling- to be for them what God needs me to be during this critical stage in their lives."  pg 25-26

I am sure there are many parents out there who have had those moments that are just so difficult, and you wonder if you were really cut out for this job.  It is nice to hear this outlined by another person and to see their determination to complete this precious life stage with such a commitment to the Lord.  I am hopeful I will be able to learn more about myself and my calling from God through this study.  I am eager to start the homework for week 2!

I am so thankful for Mrs. Shirer and for her calling to write this study.  If you have a chance to participate in the study, please do!  You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment