Background

Monday, August 12, 2013

Lightning Strikes

I am really hoping the old adage of "Lightning never strikes in the same place twice" really holds true!  You see, last week we had some storms and our house was struck.  I know we were really lucky because it could have been so much worse.  Our house could have caught on fire.  It didn't.

We had to have an electrician come out and replace some breakers and outlets.  We had to have a circuit board replaced in our air conditioning unit, our phone and internet had some problems.  We have replaced our phones, modem, and wireless router.  The service provider had to come out and replace some things in the connection box.  There is a place on our house that used to have paint on it, but now it is gone.  Good times.

When the hit, it was so bright!  And loud!  I hope it never happens again.  Too much excitement.  Too much damage.  Too close to an even more horrible experience!

So, as storms roll through again this week, my nerves will be on edge, I am sure.  But, hopefully, as time passes I will be able to rest a little easier during storms.  Hopefully, we will never have to experience this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment