Background

Friday, August 2, 2013

Summers End

We have reached that point in the summer when I realize it is almost over.  Before too long, the kids will be back in school, the year will fly by us, and the kids will be another year older.  If I think about it too long, it will make me sad.

Then I remember the fun moments that are ahead: The school programs, the holidays, the school breaks we get to spend together.

I love being a mom.  It is a difficult job, a thankless job, but something I know God has called me to do.  This is one of the few things I know for sure He has called me to do.

I am one of those people who believes in Him, but struggles with that sometimes.  You see, sometimes I feel as though I cannot hear Him.  I know that is how the enemy wants me to feel; in an effort to drive a wedge between us.

This summer I participated in a group Bible study; we studied Gideon, by Priscilla Shirer.  It was a wonderful study!  I will admit, I went into this study with my idea of what I was going to gain, or learn, from it; however, I am now finished with the study and boy, was I wrong!  I have learned so much more!  When I thought it was going left, it went right!  When I thought it was going right, it went left!  I enjoyed this study so much!  If you have the chance to participate in the study, please do!  You will not regret it!

I now look at my life differently, in a great way!  I still struggle, but I know I am continuing to grow in my relationship with Him.  I am so happy for that!  My goal is to be a good example for my kids and to help them with their relationship with Him.  I want them to have a wonderful foundation before this world has a chance to sway them.

Do you have similar goals for your family?  What is your plan of preparation?

Until next time,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment