Background

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Paleo Week 2

This was our second week following the Paleo lifestyle.  This week was a little harder, and we slipped up a few times, but we are still determined to make the healthier change.  Our girls are enjoying trying new recipes and I actually am starting to feel a little better!  I am using recipes from Eat like a Dinosaur and Elana's Pantry.  I feel like I am learning so much and it is supporting my thoughts and feelings about being gluten free- the right way vs. the wrong way.

Now, to be clear, I have been gluten-free for over a year.  I have recently realized that I am gaining weight!  I blame the gluten-free recipes with alternative grain flours we have been making.  I came to this conclusion because over the summer, I was training for a 5k and was drinking protein based meal replacement shakes for 2 meals then a dinner of a meat and 2 veggies- no gluten-free recipes.  I lost body fat that I had accumulated over the past year.  After my race, I stopped the meal replacement shakes and continued to eat gluten-free.  I gained fat quickly!  The only change was adding back in the gluten-free grain based alternatives- the wrong way to be gluten-free.

Enter our new Paleo lifestyle- the right way to be gluten free!  Now, off to menu plan for week 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment