Background

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Paleo Week 4

Week 4 of Paleo eating went really well!  It is getting much easier!  I love all of the choices we have.  Eating out is much easier, too!  My kids have some favorite dishes, for example, Chicken nuggets and carrot fries.  They love them so much!  I will even share the recipes:

Carrot fries:
Peel the carrots and cut them into sticks.  Put them in a large bowl.  Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Season with sea salt and pepper.  Toss to coat and place on a sheet pan.  Bake at 350 until soft.

Chicken nuggets:
Cut up chicken breast into bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl. I use 3 large chicken breast. Coat with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
In another large bowl: combine almond meal roughly 2 cups and flax seed meal roughly 2/3 c. Then add seasonings. I use onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, sea salt. Mix well.
Then take a few pieces of the chicken and coat with the breading. Continue until all are breaded. Place on a sprayed sheet pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 min (bake time depends on the size of the nuggets)
These are like gold in my house! They eat them up! Last time I made roughly 4 pounds of nuggets and 3 pounds of carrots. We had them for dinner and my oldest loves to take them in her lunchbox. They make a great snack even. They would love it if I would make them weekly.
Give it a try sometime, you just may love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment