Background

Friday, January 24, 2014

Crossroads

The past couple of months were very difficult for my family, and I haven't posted in awhile.  To say we were thrown a curveball would be putting it mildly.  We had one of those situations where you either jump all in with your faith in the Lord, or drown.

I have always believed in God, but I guess you could say I have never been one of those people who fully trusts in Him and lives worry-free without a second thought about whether or not he would come through.  While I know everything I have is because of Him, it has always been hard for me to let go.  You know what I mean?

See, I am a planner.  Like to the extreme.  I need to have everything mapped out, I love maps too, but I digress.  At the root of it all I am a worrier.  There I said it.  I worry.  I worry about a lot.  I worry instead of trusting Him.  I take away His opportunity to do something amazing because I am too worried about the situation.  I not only worry about the outcome, but about the process, too.

These past months have been a learning opportunity.  We were taken to the brink where we had no other choice but to trust that He would handle the situation.  As bad as the situation was, I am thankful for it.  Still with me?  Good!  You see, without this situation, I would not have grown closer to Him.  I am much more prayerful than I have ever been before.  I know He already has the answers because He wrote the story, long ago!

I am working hard to change my worrying ways.  I'm not cured, because our spiritual enemy loves to trip us up, but I have made great strides!  I think I am most shocked about the feeling of peace that has washed over me.

I am so glad we jumped all in with our faith in Him!  If you aren't familiar with this type of a relationship with our Lord and Savior, I encourage you to explore it!  You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment