Background

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Are you a Breakfast Eater?

Do you like breakfast?  I'm more of a brunch person myself.  I wonder if it is partly because I do not like a lot of sweets and most breakfast stuff is sweet?  I am more likely to reheat some leftovers from dinner than to eat something sweet.  

Eggs, you say?  I am allergic to eat whites.  No can do.  

Toast?  I have celiac disease.  I'll pass.

Non-sugary cereal?  I don't eat grains.  

I do enjoy what we call a breakfast bowl.  I scramble some sausage and mash in some baked potatoes.  Those who can have eggs put one on top, or on the side.  This is also yummy with bacon or ham.

Or, occasionally, I will cook rice in coconut milk and add coconut flakes.  Sprinkle some cinnamon on top and it is yummy!  

My oldest kiddo loves paleo egg muffins made with coconut flour.  They are very filling and will keep her hunger at bay while at school.  

In the summer time we will have fruit or smoothies, but not during the cold winters.

That is as close to breakfast as it gets around here.  

What does breakfast look like in your neck of the woods?


No comments:

Post a Comment